Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Friday, June 4, 2010

003 - new

This is my third photo in the BIG Photo Challenge. This photo has taken with Canon IXUS 100 IS. The theme of this week is "New".

My elder brother graduated his dual qualification ("kaksoistutkinto" in Finnish) yesterday. Dual qualification means that he completed his vocational school and Finnish gymnasium (which is quite different than in UK or USA) at the same time. So, now his career is automation mechanich or electrician. He is also an abitur (I'll graduate to abitur in spring of 2012). My brother participated to four tests: mother tongue (Finnish), foreign language (English), mathematics (ordinary level) and physics (advanced level).

Here, in Finland, is tradition to give that student cap to abitur. That is a mark that you have completed Finnish high school. However the most important thing is that he has a career which he like!

I hope you got my point because those words (especially dual qualification) were really difficult to write. I'm sorry :-)

4 comments:

My Diabetic Sweet Life said...

Congratulations to your brother! It is difficult writing to people in other countries isn't it because sometimes there isn't an equivalent word in the other language. I once could read and write Finnish but sadly not any more...it's been too long. I can remember a few words like hello and goodbye and that's it :(

Mirella said...

Yes it is! Especially when same word has many different forms and I don't always know which form I should use.
But, thank you so much! He has done a hard work :)

Jennifer said...

What a beautiful photo...I love the light in the background!

Mirella said...

Thank you very much! I like this a lot (especially the sunset) though I took this very quickly :)

Post a Comment

free counters