Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

-Dale Turner-

Friday, June 11, 2010

004 - summer

This is my fourth photo in the BIG Photo Challenge. This photo has taken with Canon IXUS 100 IS. The theme of this week is "Summer". 

On April I was walking with my little sister. I wanted to took some  pictures of beautiful butterflies because I haven't got them before. Well, we went to a little forest and saw many  butterflies. I haven't seen so many butterflies before! That forest was full of them and I was like in the seventh heaven. My dream came true and my camera filled of photos of beatiful butterflies at the little moment! That butterfly is a small tortoiseshell and they are well-known in Europe. 

It was a very sunny spring day but the theme of this week is "Summer". Well, when I see butterflies and yellow flowers I know that the summertime has started.

P.S. Here, in Finland, the vacation started last week (and it ends on August) and I'm really exciting about that!.

P.P.S. Does anyone watch FIFA World Cup? And which is your favorite team? :-)

4 comments:

Dancy51 said...

Wow! I opened the butterfly picture to full size and see the hairs on its back. Good resolution! Summer is coming late to Spokane Washington USA but this weekend was a nice sunny warm one.
Is FIFA soccer? Just kidding my son's family are big fans and also all play or coach.
http://www.chase-ingthedream.com/2010/06/world-cup-family.html
P.S. I like your Flag Counter at bottom of blog.

Mirella said...

Thank you! That picture is quite scary in full side. Oh, that's interesting. I like soccer very much but I prefer ice hockey (I'm from Finland, you know?) :)

Anyway, my favorite teams are Spain, Argentina, South Africa and Portugal. Soccer is a perfect entertainment at summertime! :)

My Diabetic Sweet Life said...

Hyvää iltaa Mirella,

See I remembered some Finnish...kind of...LOL. Love the pic this week, fantastic resolution and I really love the colours. You are very talented at photography! I just posted the new assignment :)

Näkemiin, Louise x

Mirella said...

Hyvää iltapäivää ('Good afternoon'),

You made me smile. It's wonderful that someone can speak some Finnish. And you write those right! Thank you very much. And I especially want to thank you about this challenge. It has absolutely made me a better photographer :)

Terveisin ('Greetings'), Mirella

Post a Comment

free counters